I just got back from a fabulous trip to renown lash extension guru Jayne Thorne at the Louis Licari Salon. We all know how popular lash extensions have become, thanks in part to the celebrities who wear them constantly like Kim Kardashian. But I wanted to get a behind the scenes look and get some questions answered about the process and upkeep for these amazing lashes.
I got a full set of lashes done, and watched as other clients got both full sets and fill-in lashes. The process was so easy and painless. A full set can take about 40 minutes to an hour to complete, with the fill-ins taking just 10 minutes.
I have been able to do everything comfortably with my lashes, including sleeping and working out. They don’t poke or pull, which I heard can be a problem with other lash extensions done by less experienced professionals. The best part is that I no longer have to put on makeup to look great before I head out the door.
These lash extensions are also versatile. Whatever look you want can be achieved. They can be made to look naturally full, or dramatic like Marilyn Monroe. The results are completely remarkable. Check out Jayne’s feature on the Today Show about lash extensions. She is also offering anyone who mentions this blog $100 off their first full set of lash extensions. So this is the perfect time to try them!
- Don’t wash with water for the first 24 hours.
- Don’t use waterproof mascara on your new lashes because it can be too hard to remove.
- Don’t use any oil-based makeup removers on your lashes, and this can make them start coming off.
- Come in for a fill-in every 2 weeks to keep that full lash look, it only takes 10 minutes!
- Use a lash comb to keep lashes looking perfectly separated.